Use this guide to find your way in the magicplan app.
magicplan has different project levels and contextual menus. Here is a brief explanation of the menu structure to help you to find your way in the app!
The Home Screen is the first screen you see when logging in and opening the magicplan app.
Learn what the different home screen symbols mean here.
- Find all of your floor plan projects saved locally on your device and in the cloud.
- Tap on the Filter icon (iOS: Button will be in the top left corner / Android: Button will be in the top right corner)
- From here you can choose to show projects only on your "Device" or to show projects on your "Device & Cloud"
Manage your projects by tapping and holding on the specific project, a pop-up menu will appear allowing you to:
- Create a new project by tapping the plus sign (+).
(iOS: Found in the upper right corner / Android: Found in the bottom right corner)
- Use the workspace filter found under the search bar to switch between your Workspace or Team.
- Tap the profile icon labeled "My Account" on the bottom navigation bar to access your app and account settings.
Tap a project from the Home Screen to get to the project level.
- Find an overview of your project's floor plan.
- Duplicate or delete floors you've created by tapping the three dots (...) icon.
- Add new floors & rooms to your project.
- See and edit details, add photos & notes, and complete custom forms for your project.
- Create an estimate for your project, or export and share your project.
- Add comments to your project.
Tap a floor from the project level to get to the floor level.
- Find and add to the details for a specific floor.
- Add, duplicate, delete, or merge rooms.
- Assemble rooms into a floor plan, view the floor in 3D, and even rotate the floor.
- Change the interior and exterior wall thickness for the entire floor, and set the floor's default ceiling height.
- Switch between floors by tapping "Floors" in the bottom right.
Tap a room from the floor level to get to the room level.
- Add objects, annotations and flooring to the room.
- Add photos & notes and complete custom forms relevant to the room.
- See and edit room details and adjust ceiling height, room color, and room type.
- View walls in elevation view.
- Tap a wall to add corners, split rooms or add a partial wall.
Tap an object in the room to get to the object level.
- See and edit object details, such as measurements, price, and photos & notes.
- Duplicate or delete the object.
- Measure the distance between the selected object and another object or wall.
- It is important to note that you can also see and edit details about your walls by tapping a wall in the room!
ℹ️ Note: Don't forget that practically everything in magicplan has a details section, identified by the "i" symbol, for you to add valuable information.
💡 Tip: The more detail you add to your project, the better your exports will be!