Finished capturing your rooms? Learn how to assemble them together to create a complete floor plan.
Once you have created more than one room, you can then drag and drop them to create your floor plan.
Follow the steps below to assemble your rooms:
- Go to the Floor level of your project.
- Tap and hold on to the room you want to move or tap "Edit Layout" from the editor menu.
- Use the blue curved arrow on the side of the room to rotate if needed.
- Move the room by holding and dragging it to the room you want to connect it to. Green indicators will appear to help you snap the rooms together.
- Repeat these steps for each room until your floor plan is completely assembled.
- Use the "Lock" feature to keep your dimensions from changing when assembling your rooms together:
- Tap the dimension, then tap "okay" in the "Change Measure" pop-up.
- You will see a small lock icon next to the dimension once completed.
- Make sure that your rooms don't overlap. If they do, the walls will be displayed as dotted lines and the floor plan won't be displayed correctly in the 3D view.
- When assembling the rooms, all captured doors will automatically be included.
- Wall thickness will adjust automatically based on the measurements you have added to the floor plan (How to Change Exterior and Interior Wall Thickness).
- Trying to create an open floor plan? Learn how to merge rooms.