Create report templates, forms, questionnaires or checklists to use in the magicplan app.
magicplan's Custom Forms feature is a powerful tool that allows you to create, customize, and manage forms tailored to your specific needs within the magicplan app. Whether you're a contractor, restoration professional, or home inspector, Custom Forms will help you streamline data collection and improve communication on your projects.
What are Custom Forms?
Custom Forms in magicplan are customizable templates designed to collect specific information related to your projects, floors, rooms, or objects. They standardize data collection processes, reduce paperwork, and ensure that you capture all necessary details.
Custom Forms are created and managed in the magicplan Cloud. They can encompass various fields, from basic text inputs to complex multiple-choice questions. Once completed, Custom Forms are published to the magicplan app to be completed and exported as a Report PDF.
Custom Forms are organized alphabetically in the magicplan App.
With Custom Forms, you can easily:
- Add a set of questions to a form
- Format questions/instructions by adding sections
- Organize questions using drag & drop
- Mark important questions as mandatory
- Assign forms to a specific project element (project, floor, room, or object)
- Publish form templates for your workspace and team members to use in the app
ℹ️ Note: Custom Forms can only be used within the workspace they are created in. You cannot move a Custom Form from one workspace to another.
How to Access & Edit Custom Forms
Create Custom Forms
- Log into the magicplan Cloud.
- Click "Custom Forms" from the left-side menu.
- Click the blue "Create Custom Form" button in the upper right corner.
- To edit the name of the Custom Form, click the pencil icon next to the form's name.
- Choose where to apply this custom form by clicking the pencil icon next to "Apply this form to".
- You can apply Custom Forms to the project level, floor level, and to specific rooms and object types.
Add Questions to Custom Forms
- To add a question, click the blue "Add question" button.
- Type the question in the text field.
- Make questions required by clicking the "Mark as Mandatory" checkbox under the text field.
- Give questions a default value by clicking the blue "Add a default value" text, then type the default value in the text field.
- Re-order questions by clicking and dragging the 6 vertical dots to the left of the question.
- To remove the question, click the " - " button to the right of the question field.
- Choose the question's answer type by clicking the dropdown box to the right of the text box.
Question types include:
- Yes / No
- List - Only able to select one option
- Multi-select - Able to select multiple options
- Signature - Can add signature and date & time of signature to the form directly in the app
- Distance - Includes imperial and metric units
- Photo - Allows you to add photos from your device photo gallery or take one on-site
- Color - Uses color selector of the app
- Date and Time
Add Instructions to Custom Forms
- To add instructions, click the blue "Add instructions" button.
- Type in the instructions in the text field.
- Re-order instructions by clicking and dragging the 6 vertical dots to the left of the instructions.
- To remove the instructions click the " - " button to the right of the instructions field.
Add Sections to Custom Forms
- Click the grey "Add section" button.
- Type the name of the section in the text field.
- How to add questions or instructions to your section:
- Drag and drop existing questions or instructions into the section.
- Create a new question or instruction by clicking the blue "Add question" or "Add instructions" button.
- Re-order sections by clicking and dragging the 6 vertical dots to the left of the section.
Publish & Access Custom Forms in the App
You need to publish your Custom Form in the magicplan Cloud in order to access it in the app.
- From the cloud, click the blue "Publish" button in the upper right-hand corner of your Custom Form. Your form will now be available in the app.
- You can publish the Custom Form to a Workspace or Team.
- Open the magicplan app and pull down on the home screen to refresh.
- If you see a grey cloud icon on your project, tap and hold on the project. Select "download from cloud" in the pop-up menu.
ℹ️ Note: You will need to follow the 2 steps above any time you make an update or change to the Price List in the magicplan cloud.
Once in the magicplan app, follow the steps below to fill out the Custom Form.
- Tap on your project from the app home screen.
- Open the details menu of the element the Custom Form is assigned to (this can be a project, floor, room, or object). To do this, tap the element, then the "i" icon next to its name.
- Tap the "Forms" tab at the top of the menu and select the Custom Form you want to fill out.
- Once the form is completed, it can be exported in the app or cloud with the Report PDF file type.
💡 Tip: Custom Forms are organized alphabetically in the app. To customize the order of your Custom Forms, you can add a number to the front of the form's title, which is done in the magicplan Cloud.