Use the elevation view in the app to edit the placement of windows, doors, and furniture objects against a wall.
Elevation view is a useful tool to easily position objects near or attached to a wall in a horizontal view. This feature comes in handy when you want to place objects, like windows, in the right position on a wall. You can also include elevation details of specific walls in your project's export.
How to use elevation view:
- Start by tapping the room wall where you want to place the object.
- Tap the "Elevation" icon next to the "2D" icon.
- In the elevation view, tap on the "+ Add" button, then tap "Object" and select an object.
- Drag the object to the desired position on or along the wall.
- To adjust the dimensions of the object you have the following options:
- Use two fingers to drag and resize the object
- Adjust the dimensions manually or connect a Bluetooth laser by tapping the visible dimension or tapping the "i" icon next to the object's name.
- You can navigate to the next wall by using the arrows on either side of the wall.
ℹ️ Note: Elevation view is specifically designed for walls. Non-wall objects may not always adjust and render correctly in elevation view, as they are not optimized to behave as wall objects.
How to include the elevation view in your export:
- Select the wall of the room for which you want to include the elevation details.
- Tap the "i" icon next to "Wall" in the upper right corner.
- In the Details tab under Settings, enable the "Display elevation in report" option.
- Note: You can also indicate if this wall is a load-bearing wall in the same menu.
- Repeat this process for all of the walls you want to include in your report in elevation view.