A guide on different visual symbols and indicators used within magicplan
What are home screen symbols?
When logging into your magicplan app you will notice a variety of buttons to choose from that allow you to edit projects, your profile, or account settings. We refer to these as “Home Screen Symbols”.
We also use a number of visual indicators to let you know when important changes have been made to your workspace and projects.
Below, we have outlined all of the Home Screen Symbols so you may familiarize yourself as you get acquainted with magicplan.
- Filter Button:
- The magicplan cloud is where all of your projects can be synced and accessed. The filter button in the app allows you to see all projects that are on the magicplan Cloud or only projects that are saved locally on your device.
- Options are "Device & Cloud" and "Device". "Device & Cloud" is the default when you download the app, and it allows you to see all the projects you have created and saved locally on your device and in the magicplan Cloud. "Device" only shows you the projects that are saved locally on your device.
- This can be useful if you manually sync your projects from the magicplan app to the cloud, or if you created a project in the cloud that needs to be downloaded to the app. Find more information on Cloud syncing here.
- Note: The app will remember whether you last used the "Device" or "Device & Cloud" screen, so when you close and reopen the app, it will automatically open to the screen you were on previously.
- Plus Button & Search Bar:
- Use the plus button to create a new project on your magicplan app!
- Use the visible search bar to find projects within your app, cloud, workspace, or teams.
- Workspace & Teams Filter:
- Use this filter option to navigate between your various workspace and teams and to see the different projects that have been assigned to you.
- Find out more about Workspaces and Teams here.
Manage your projects by tapping and holding on the specific project, a pop-up menu will appear allowing you to:
My Projects & My Account Tabs:
- The “My Projects” and “My Account” tabs allow you to easily switch between your current projects and your account/app information
Visual Indicators Menu
In the magicplan app, we use several indicators to let you know the status of your projects or account. Below is a chart to help you understand what each indicator represents:
|Only projects found on this device are visible.
Device & Cloud
|All projects on this device and the magicplan Cloud are visible.
Upload changes made on the magicplan app
|Changes have been made to a project on the magicplan app, click to upload changes to the magicplan Cloud.
Download changes made on the magicplan cloud
|Changes have been made to the project on the magicplan cloud, click to sync those changes to the magicplan app.
|Tap to Sync the magicplan app
|This notification will appear to make sure the app is completely up to date with the magicplan cloud
|Outdated Project Version
When 2 users are updating the same project. If one user uploads their project to the cloud, the other user's project will become out of date.
Find out what to do when your project is out of date here.
|If a user does not have a magicplan subscription this will indicate their Free projects.
|Update Workspace Configuration does not apply to this project
|When you make a change to your workspace configuration (such as updating a custom form) and this change has not been applied to a particular project
|Update Workspace Configuration
Only applies if using app version 2023.4.0 or older on iOS.
Appears anytime a change is made in the magicplan Cloud:
Other Helpful Articles:
- Your Account, Profile, and Other Settings in the App
- Synchronize Your Projects Between Two Devices
- Why is My Project Outdated in the App?