Complete your floor plan by adding furniture, wall and structural objects.
Magicplan has over 300 objects to choose from including doors, windows, staircases, kitchen cabinets, furniture, electrical outlets, and more! No matter the object you select, the workflow is the same. It is just important that you understand the different object types.
- Floor Objects - These objects can be moved freely around the room. Depending on the object, its position can vary from sitting on the floor, hanging from the ceiling, or having the option to set the distance to the floor.
- Wall Objects - These objects can only be added to walls. You can change the distance from the floor so that the object location is accurate, as well as see it in elevation view.
Add Objects to Your Floor Plan
- Tap the room you want to add an object to. If adding a wall object, tap the wall you want to add the object to.
- Tap "+ Add", then select "Object".
- Select an object category or type the name of an item in the search bar at the top of the object menu.
- Tap on an object to add it to the room or wall.
- Once the object has been added to the room, tap and drag it to its intended location.
- For a floor object, use the curved arrow to rotate it. For a wall object, select the option to rotate it from the editor menu.
- Find additional options to edit & duplicate your objects.
- Learn how to add staircases to your projects.
- Annotations, Durable Medical Equipment, Alarm & Security, Fire and Safety, and Restoration objects are only available with a Report or Estimate subscription. Flooring is only available with an Estimate subscription.
💡 Tip: If you can't find the object you need, here are a few tips.
- Use the search bar: Just swipe down on the object menu and the search bar will appear at the top.
- Check your hidden categories: It may be that the object you are looking for is in one of the hidden object folders. Follow these instructions to change the visibility of object folders.
- Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? Create your own Custom Objects!
Once an object is added to a floor plan, you can add to and edit its details. Learn how here!