Once you have added an object to your floor plan, you can easily edit and duplicate it.
Magicplan allows you to change object dimensions and speed up your workflow by duplicating objects. Read more about the various options and steps to take below.
Change Object Dimensions
No matter the type of object, you have two options to edit the dimensions.
Tap the object and move two fingers outward or inward to change the size of the object until it meets the desired size.
- Tap the object, then the "i" icon next to the object name. You can manually change dimensions such as width, depth, height, and distance to floor.
- Dimension options vary depending on the object. For example, wall objects include "Distance to Floor".
- You can use a bluetooth laser measurer to get the exact object dimensions by tapping the dimension, then "Laser" from the "Change measure" popup menu.
💡 Tip: Edit wall objects, such as windows and doors, while in elevation view so you can see the changes made live.
Do you have objects with the same dimensions throughout your floor plan?
You can change the dimensions of all of them at once, instead of editing them each manually. Follow these steps:
- Tap the object and the "i" icon next to the object name.
- Change the object dimensions.
- Tap "Apply measures to..."
- Select the objects in your floor plan that you'd like the same dimensions applied to, and tap "Apply".
- Additional details can be added to an object - find out more here.
- If the object is not meeting your needs, you can create your own Custom Objects.
No need to insert an object multiple times in a room, duplicate it with one tap.
- Tap the object.
- Tap "Duplicate" from the editor menu.
- Tap and drag the object to its intended location.
- For a floor object, use the curved arrow to rotate it. For a wall object, select the option to rotate it from the editor menu.
Do you need to delete an object? Just tap it and select "Delete" from the editor menu. Learn more here!