How to add a roof or indicate a sloped ceiling in your floor plan.
At this time, it is not possible to create a roof or sloped ceiling in magicplan. However, we do have two alternatives for indicating a roof or sloped ceiling.
You can add a flat roof as a floor or you can use an annotation object to indicate a change in the roof's elevation (please note that annotation objects are only available for Report and Estimate users).
Follow the directions below to learn how to add a flat roof or indicate roof elevation.
How to add a flat roof as a floor:
- In the magicplan app, open the project you want to add a roof to.
- From the project level tap "+ Add Floor".
- Scroll to the bottom of the pop-up menu for the floor type and tap "Roof".
- Tap on "+ Insert", "Room" and select either "Add a square room" or "Define corners".
- Select "Other" from room type menu (you can change a room's name after it is created in its details section if needed).
- You can then edit the details of the roof, add photos & notes, or fill out a custom form.
How to indicate a sloped ceiling with an annotation object:
- In the magicplan app, open the project where you would like to indicate a sloped ceiling or roof.
- Tap and enter the room that has the sloped ceiling or roof.
- Tap on the "+ Insert" icon and then select "Object".
- Select the Annotation category and add the "Elevation" object.
- Tap and drag the object to the desired position.
- Tap on the "i" icon next to the object's name to open the details menu and then enter the correct elevation. You can also add photos & notes or fill out a custom form.
💡 Tip: Please keep an eye on our app release notes for updates about the ability to add a roof or sloped ceiling.