Use the camera of your Android phone or tablet to scan a room and create a floor plan within seconds.With magicplan, scanning and capturing a room becomes even easier. All you have to do is to mark corners and magicplan does the magic and creates a floor plan for you.
The following steps show you how the new 3D scan mode works:
- To use the 3D scan make sure your Android device supports ARCore and that the lighting is sufficient.
- Open magicplan on your mobile device and go to the home screen.
- Tap on "New Project".
- Tap on 'New Room', then "Scan with camera" and select the floor and room type you want to capture.
- Follow the instructions to calibrate your device: aim at your feet and slowly move it in circles.
Tip: If you aim at your feet and nothing happens, try to change your position in the room to a place with better lighting conditions and start moving you device in circles even if the instruction hasn't appeared yet.
- Capture the perimeter of a room by aiming at its corners. The green indicator shows you where the next corner is going to be set, a white grid will help you to navigate through the room. To mark a corner tap ADD CORNER. Mark corner after corner, you can also just aim through obstacles on the floor with the help of the white grid. Add doors by tapping “Begin Door” and “End Door”. Finish the capture by aiming at the first corner again or by tapping DONE.
Tips for your best possible capture result:
- To achieve the most accurate room shape and dimensions, stay at the same position in the room during the whole capture process.
- If the furniture makes it hard for you to capture the corners of your room accurately, you can also capture the ceiling corners with the help of Sensor Capture mode.
- You can also just click on UNDO on the top right of the screen to re-set a corner.
After tapping on DONE, magicplan does the magic and automatically creates a floor plan for you. Unfortunately, you can neither set the ceiling height nor detect windows during the capture process with the camera of your Android device. This feature is only accessible with a compatible iPhone or iPad. Learn more about the capture with iOS devices here.