Create a floor plan within seconds by scanning a room with the camera of your Android phone or tablet.
By harnessing the power of AR, magician's room scan significantly reduces the time and resources required for mapping out a floor plan. This powerful tool allows you to create accurate floor plans and measurements by simply scanning a room with your Android device's camera. Whether you're a homeowner, interior designer, contractor, or real estate professional, this feature will streamline your workflow and help visualize and plan spaces more effectively.
- In order to utilize the Manual-Scan feature, make sure your Android device supports ARCore and that you have sufficient lighting in the room.
Android devices lack the feature to automatically detect windows or doors during the scan. You will have to select the windows and doors manually using your device's camera. Presently, the auto-detection feature is only available for iOS devices.
- Have an iOS device? Learn how to scan a room with your device here.
How to Scan a Room with Your Device’s Camera
- Open the magicplan app and tap a project you want to add a room to, or tap the “+" button to create a new project.
- Tap "+Add Floor" and select the type of floor you want to add a room to.
- Once on the floor level, tap the “+ Insert“ button, then tap “Room”.
- Select "Start Manual-Scan," choose the room type, and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your device.
- Capture the room's perimeter by aiming at its corners; a green indicator will show you where your next corner will be set. Mark your corners by tapping on the corner or the “Add Corner” button. A white grid will appear to help you accurately measure from corner to corner.
- Finish capturing the perimeter by aiming at the first corner (the corner you started with) or by tapping “Done".
- Set the ceiling height by using the grid to move from the floor to the ceiling. Once you have found the correct height tap the screen.
- You can then proceed to manually scan doors and windows by moving from the lower right corner to the upper left corner of the door or window. Continue to follow the prompts that appear in the app.
- Finally, tap “Exit AR,” then “Yes, I’m sure.”
Like magic, your floor plan will automatically be created!
- If you aim at your feet and nothing happens, move to a part of the room with better lighting conditions and start moving your device in circles, even if the instructions haven't appeared yet.
- To achieve the most accurate room shape and dimensions, stay in the same position in the room during the whole scan process.
- If you incorrectly add a corner you can use the undo arrow button in the top right corner to re-set your action.
- Use the camera button while scanning to take pictures of your floor plan in real time.