Create a customized export button for your Workspace, so exported projects are sent to one place.
Why do I need a customized export button?
Typically, when you export a project in magicplan, the export is sent to the individual user's account email address. A customized export button allows you to add an export option that automatically sends your exports to a specific email address. Whether there is an admin on your team who needs to receive all project exports or your team has a shared email address, this is a helpful tool to centralize all exported files.
How do I create one?
Creating a custom export button is easy. Just follow the steps below and you'll have it set up in no time.
- Login to the magicplan Cloud.
- Click "Settings" on the left sidebar.
- Click "Edit" under the Export Button section and fill out the fields.
- The box next to the Export Button section provides a visual of what your custom export button will look like in the app.
- Click "Save".
ℹ️ Note: The email address added for all exports to be sent to must be a member of the Workspace.
How does the export button work from the app?
Once you have created and saved the custom export button in the cloud, all members of the Workspace will see it on their device in the app. When a member is ready to export a project, they will follow these steps:
- Tap "Files and Sharing".
- Configure the export files needed.
- Tap on the custom export button for the Workspace.
- An email will be sent to the connected email address with a link for them to access the project exports in the magicplan Cloud.
If a Workspace member doesn't see the custom export button in the app, they either need to:
- Refresh the app by dragging down on the home screen.
- If using app version 2023.4.0 or older on an iOS device, update the workspace configuration. There will be a red dot on "My Account" on the bottom bar. Tap "My Account", then "Update Workspace Configuration".
- You can receive the floor plans in JPEG, PDF, DXF, PNG, SVG and Web formats.
- The PDF includes your custom surveys and objects and can be customized with your logo, contact info etc.
- You can receive the survey data in a CSV format.
- You can also get access to an XML file.
Jackson and team can set up an even more customized export button (paid service)
Other options include defining the formats, whether admin needs to be notified, secondary email address need to be included (contact sales team)