How to manually adjust the dimensions of the walls in your floor plan.
After creating a room in magicplan, you can easily adjust the wall dimensions to create a perfectly sized floor plan. You can then manually edit the measurements by connecting a Bluetooth laser or dragging the walls into place. Use the lock measurements feature to prevent measurements from changing when editing other dimensions or assembling rooms.
How to adjust your dimensions
- Enter a room in your floor plan.
- To access the wall's dimensions, tap on the displayed measurement or tap the "i" icon next to the wall's name in the upper right corner.
- You have three options to adjust the wall's measurements:
- Scroll to manually adjust the measurements in the "Change Measure" pop-up window. Tap "Done".
- Connect a Bluetooth laser to input the measurement in the "Change Measure" pop-up window. Tap "Done".
- Tap on the wall and drag it until you have reached the desired position.
- Optional: Change the units of your dimensions by tapping "Units" from the "Change Measure" pop-up window.
How to lock and unlock dimensions
- Dimensions will become locked after being manually edited. These dimensions will be indicated with a lock icon next to the wall's measurements.
- Locked dimensions will not change when assembling rooms or adjusting other elements' dimensions.
- To unlock measurements, you can do either of the following steps:
- Tap and drag the wall into the desired position. Tap "Confirm" when the alert message appears.
- Tap the visible locked dimensions. Tap "Unlock" from the "Change Measure" pop-up menu. Tap "Done".