Export your floor plans to Xactimate®️, so that you have the information you need for your property claims estimates and reports.
Xactimate®️ is a preferred solution for insurance and restoration professionals to produce property claims estimations. With our Xactimate®️ integration, you can now combine the quality of magicplan floor plan sketches with Xacitmate's®️ estimation tool by simply exporting your created floor plan to Xactimate®️ with just a few taps.
How does the Xactimate®️ integration work?
ℹ️ Note: The Xactimate®️ integration can be applied to a Workspace in magicplan, and will be available to members in a Workspace or Team who have been given access. It cannot be applied to specific Teams only.
Once the integration has been activated, there will be an Xactimate®️ export option under "Files & Sharing" in a project in the magicplan app and cloud. This export will send a project's floor plan to Xactimate®️, allowing you to see the floor plan sketch and dimensions when working on a property claim. Check out the video below demonstrating how the integration works; then find the steps to follow in detail.
Start in Xactimate®️
ℹ️ Note: Xactimate®️ can only be used from a web browser on a Windows desktop.
- Create a project in your Xactimate®️ account from a web browser on a Windows desktop.
Click the project so it is highlighted in the projects list; click the "Request data" icon on the right side menu. A pop-up window will appear.
Select magicplan from the "Provider" drop-down.
Fill in the location and contact information and click "Save."
- Add claim number and optional notes.
- Click "OK"; you will see a notification at the bottom of the screen stating, "Your request was processed successfully."
Export from magicplan
In the app
Open the project you want to export to Xactimate®️.
- Tap "Files & Sharing". A pop-up window will appear.
- Tap the Xactimate®️ export option at the top of the pop-up window. Another pop-up window will appear.
- Tap the project you want to send data to. The floor plan will then export to that specific project in Xactimate®️.
In the cloud
- Click the project you want to export to Xactimate®️.
- Go to the upper left-hand corner drop-down menu where it says "Sketch."
- Click on "Files & Integrations".
- Click "Export" under Verisk. Here, you will see all the projects you requested data for from Xactimate®️, in order from the most recent request.
- Click on the project you want to send data to in Xactimate®️.
- If you want to export a new project you requested data for from Xactimate®️, click the "Update" button and select a different project.
ℹ️ Note: Check out our How to Export Your Projects in the App and Cloud article and scroll down to the "How to Generate Export Files in the magicplan Cloud" section for a visual of these steps.
Go back to Xactimate®️
Click the project you requested data for; click the "Open" icon on the right side menu. The project will open in a separate application (it may take a minute to load).
- If this is your first time opening the project, you will be prompted to select a price list and tax bracket.
- Click "Estimate" and then "Sketch" on the left side menu.
- Click on the icon that appears in the upper left corner of the white box.
- Select magicplan import from the "Import Selection" pop-up window. You will then see your floor plan sketch.
ℹ️ Note: The floor plan sketch in Xactimate®️ includes walls, doors, windows, and dimensions.
You can now begin your property claims estimation!