Troubleshooting tips to help you connect your Bluetooth laser measurer.
Having trouble connecting your Bluetooth laser measurer to the magicplan app? Follow our troubleshooting tips below to get your laser connected.
Bluetooth Laser Troubleshooting Tips:
- Make sure that you are using one of the lasers supported by magicplan. You can find the list here.
- Ensure the laser's Bluetooth setting is on and the laser is visible from other devices.
- iOS: Ensure that Bluetooth privacy permissions are enabled on your device.
- Enter the device's settings, scroll down, and tap on Privacy.
- In the Privacy settings, tap on Bluetooth. Ensure that the button for magicplan is turned on (or green).
- Android: Ensure that the visibility timeout for the laser has not elapsed (if the visibility period has elapsed, you might not be able to connect the device to another one).
- Open your device's Bluetooth menu and tap on its settings.
- Amend the "visibility timeout".
💡Tip: If you have a Bosch laser, try to connect it to Bosch's dedicated app first to verify that the Bluetooth connection is functioning properly. Afterward, open the magicplan app and proceed to connect the laser.
Once your laser is connected, you can begin adding measurements in the app.
If you continue to experience issues please contact our support team for further assistance.