Learn how to effortlessly scan a room and turn it into a 2D & 3D floor plan.
In a world where precision and efficiency are paramount in construction and interior design, magicplan's Manual-Scan for iOS leverages cutting-edge technology to revolutionize how floor plans are created and measurements are taken.
Corner Mode uses Augmented Reality (AR) to identify and precisely mark corners within a room.
Wall Mode uses Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) to effortlessly detect walls, windows, doors, and outlets by simply pointing your device at the element.
ℹ️ Note: The scan types available to you will depend on your iOS device. See which scan type is available for your device here.
How to Use Manual-Scan
- Open the magicplan app and tap a project you want to add a room to, or tap the “+" button to create a new project.
- Tap "+Add Floor" and select the type of floor you want to add a room to.
- Once on the floor level, tap the “+ Insert“ button, then tap “Room”.
- Select "Start Manual-Scan," choose the room type, and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your device.
- Capture the room's perimeter by aiming at the floor corners. A green indicator shows you where your next corner will be set, and the corner will either be marked automatically or you can tap it on your screen. A white grid helps you accurately measure from corner to corner or aim through furniture and other obstacles.
- Finish capturing the perimeter by aiming at the first corner (the corner you started with) or by tapping “Done.”
- Set the ceiling height by using the grid to move from the floor to the ceiling. Once you have found the correct height, tap the screen.
- Add windows and doors by aiming at each opening and tapping the screen. A green highlight will appear where a door or window is detected.
- Finally, tap "Exit AR," then "Yes, I'm sure." Like magic, your floor plan is automatically created!
(LiDAR Wall Mode)
Make sure that your device meets all the requirements and that you are running magicplan on the newest version.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to calibrate your device. First, point the device at your feet, then towards the ceiling.
- Scan the room by pointing your camera at one wall after another, and they will be automatically recognized. You will know the wall has been captured when it turns green and a green check mark appears.
- If the wall is blocked from view, you can switch back to Corner Mode to detect the room's corners. This can be done by tapping the "Wall Mode" button on the screen.
- If you aim at your feet and nothing happens, move to a part of the room with better lighting conditions and start moving your device in circles, even if the instructions haven't appeared yet.
- To achieve the most accurate room shape and dimensions, stay in the same position in the room during the whole scan process.
- If you incorrectly add a corner, wall, or other element you can use the undo arrow button in the top right corner to re-set your action.
- Use the camera button while scanning to take pictures of your floor plan in real time.