Calculate the actual living area of your floor plan.In some countries the official living area of a property differs from the actual ground surface. With magicplan you can adjust the percentage of the ground surface of each room that counts as living area. Just follow the steps below:
- Open your project and tap the "i" icon next to the name of the project.
- Tap "Living Area Calculation" and the bottom of the pop-up menu.
- You have several options to define the living area:
- Include or exclude interior and exterior walls. Note: exterior walls will only appear if you enable the option to "Include interior walls."
- Set a minimum required height of rooms and areas to be considered in the living area calculation. If you set a minimum room height of 7 feet, all rooms and areas shorter than 7 feet will automatically be excluded in the living area calculation.
- Specify the percentage of each room included in the living area calculation.
Living Area vs. Ground Surface Area
When you open the Statistics Summary of your floor plan, you will find information about the calculated living area as well as the ground surface area. It is important to understand the distinction between how living area and ground surface area are calculated.
- Living area = the percentage of each room indicated in the “Living Area Calculation” setting
i.e. Living area = Kitchen 100% + Balcony 50%
- Ground surface area = the total area or sum of all rooms
ℹ️ Note: If you choose to export your project as a Report PDF, the ground surface area (Total Area) and calculated living area will be included.