Learn how to assign or reassign projects to different members as a Workspace Owner or Admin.
Workspace owners and admins have the ability to directly assign or reassign projects to any active Workspace Member, Team Member or Team Guest. This allows the user responsible for the project to edit and add to it in the magicplan app. You can assign a project when creating one in the cloud or re-assign an existing project by following the steps below.
Assign a Project
- Create a new project in the magicplan Cloud.
- Choose the assignee from the list of current active Workspace or Team members.
- Choose to include a message for the assignee and then click the "Create" button.
- Only Workspace owners and admins can create and assign projects in the cloud. You can change permissions by following the steps here.
- After clicking "Create" assignees will be notified via email of their newly assigned project.
Reassign a Project
- Open the project to be reassigned in the magicplan Cloud.
- Click the "Settings" gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Select "Edit project assignee".
- Select the new project assignee from the active members and the Workspace or Team they belong to and click "Save".
- Workspace owners and admins can reassign a project, as well as the member who originally created the project.
- After clicking "Save" assignees will be notified via email of their re-assigned project.
- The re-assigned project will automatically appear in both the magicplan app and cloud. (The project will also show a purple "Assigned" badge in the cloud.)