Work on your projects from two different devices.
With a paid magicplan subscription (Sketch, Report or Estimate), you can work on projects in the app on two mobile or tablet devices. This means that if you create a project on your iPhone and wish to resume working on the larger interface of your iPad, you can easily do so.
ℹ️ Note: You can add and remove devices linked to your subscription by following the steps found here.
Learn more about how your projects sync between two devices and best practices, so you are always working on the most updated version of a project.
Sync a Project Between Devices
A project that is created on your device will initially only be saved locally on the device, until it is uploaded to the magicplan Cloud. The cloud is the hub where backups of your projects are saved, allowing you to access them on an additional device and from any web browser.
To work on a project from two devices, follow these steps:
- Create your project on Device 1.
- When you are at a stopping point, make sure the project is uploaded to the cloud by following the steps found here.
- Open the magicplan app on Device 2.
- Download the project on Device 2 by following the steps found here.
- If you want to switch back to Device 1, simply repeat the same steps.
💡 Tip: Understanding the magicplan home screen symbols will help you navigate between projects on two devices and in the cloud.
💡 Tip: If you don't see an updated version of the project on your device, refresh the app by dragging your finger down on the home screen.
Best Practices for Using Two Devices
There is an option to have your projects backup automatically to the cloud. However, if you use magicplan on two devices or collaborate with colleagues, we recommend you upload your projects manually.
When "Cloud Backup" is enabled, your projects update automatically in the magicplan Cloud every time you make changes to a floor plan. If you amend a floor plan on your iPad and then open an older version already stored locally on your iPhone, you may automatically overwrite the changes from your recently updated iPad version in the cloud. This may lead to data being lost. The same goes for working with colleagues on the same project across multiple devices.
How to Disable Automatic Cloud Backup:
Disable "Cloud Backup" on both devices by following these steps:
- Tap "My Account" on the lower bar of the app home screen.
- Tap "App Preferences" and disable the "Cloud Backup" toggle.
How to Manually Upload Your Updated Project to the Cloud:
- Go to the app home screen
- Tap and hold on the project you want to upload, select "Upload to Cloud".
How to Download Projects from the Cloud:
- Tap the Filter icon in the upper left of the app home screen and select "Device & Cloud" (only if you're downloading the project to the device for the first time).
- Tap the project you want to download onto your device (iOS will be prompted with a message to download; Android will automatically download), or tap and hold on the project and select "Download from Cloud".
- Open your project and start working on the latest version.
ℹ️ Note: When downloading and uploading projects, it is important that you are always in the correct workspace!