Export 3D models of the floor plans you have created in magicplan.The 3D Export in magicplan makes your floor plans more vivid and easy to share with everyone. You can export a 3D model to continue editing it in 3D design software or showcase your project in AR, if you are running magicplan on an iOS device.
- Go to the floor plan you wish to export.
- You are now on floor plan level. Tap on "Files and sharing" at the bottom of the screen.
- The export section will appear. Tap on "3D Export".
- On iOS: Two files will appear: OBJ and USDZ. Use the USDZ file to showcase your project in AR by tapping on the file in the magicplan app. Use the OBJ file to import a 3D model into 3D-design-software to continue editing.
On Android: Only the OBJ files will appear. USDZ is not supported by Android.
If your plan has multiple floors, multiple file icons will appear as each floor gets exported separately.
After you have exported the 3D model on your mobile device you also have the possibility to download it from the magicplan Cloud to your desktop computer:
- Log in to the cloud with your magicplan account.
- Select the plan you previously downloaded on your mobile device.
- Tap on "Export" at the top.
- The "Files to Download" section will include an OBJ-file of your floor plan. Click on it to download.
Watch this video to see how it works: