With this release we are introducing two new features: 360° Panorama Photos and Custom Attributes as well as a number of UX enhancements
Version number: 2023.8.0, Release date: July 17th, 2023
This release is packed with new releases and UX enhancements. Read the full list of updates here ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️
Not sure which app version you're using? Open the app, navigate to the settings menu, and scroll down to see the version installed on your device.
Create 360° tours using just your phone or tablet
You can now capture 360° panorama photos using the 360 annotation object. This new feature lets you quickly create virtual tours without the need for any additional camera hardware.
Document additional data with Custom Attributes
Custom attributes enable you to define additional fields for any element in magicplan (Project, Floor, Room, Wall, Object, etc). These fields will be visible in the details panel.
You might want to collect the material for every wall. Custom Attributes let you create a material dropdown field that is applied on every wall.
We are on a mission to build great, easy-to-use tools for professionals! To this end, we try to push UX enhancements every month. If you have feedback, please share your ideas - We’re always happy to connect with members of our community!
- Annotations: Updated the behavior and visual representation of the annotation bubbles
- New export options for Report PDF: Include/Exclude Dimensions, Photos, Notes, Attributes, Forms
- Export Workspace Statistics: We added an export option to download a CSV file containing your Workspace statistics.
- Home screen filter: Is now set to "Device & Cloud" by default. The filter state is saved (Previously it always reverted back to "Device" after every app launch)
- New objects: We have updated the object catalog with new 2D and 3D objects for objects in the Outdoor category.
- Improved readability when editing floor plans: We updated the UI of the floor plan editor to improve readability.
In our continued effort to keep magicplan reliable, we eliminated several key bugs:
- Fixed: When switching between the same object type, Custom Form content is not updated for the new object
- Fixed: In some cases, photos are not saved properly and disappear from a project
- Fixed: The 2D/3D view switcher is not displayed in the Cloud on tablet devices
- Fixed: The floor name is not displayed correctly in the 3D embed view
- Fixed: UI glitches in the Price List Manager
- Fixed: Custom Export Documents are not listed in the Cloud
If you contacted our success team about a specific issue you faced, please make sure to check your inbox for any updates.