magicplan is not only helpful for creating floor plans of the interior of your property, you can even map and plan your garden. The land survey feature is great to model the outside of a house. Here is how it works:
- Go to the the floor plan level and tap on "New room".
- Select 'Add a land survey'. If you have already created at least one floor of your building, the land survey will automatically be based on the shape of the lowest floor.
- If you have not set an address yet, magicplan will now ask you to enter your project address and use the map to draw a more accurate land survey.
- You can either skip this step or add the address.
- If you are using an Android device and add your address to your project, you can display a map in Road Map, Satellite or Hybrid view in the background of your magicplan land survey. You can either geolocate or enter the address manually. Tap on done in the top right corner of the screen. The building layout of the ground floor will appear. Zoom in and out, rotate the map and adjust the position of the map as usual until the building layout and your floor plan shape fit. Tap on done. You can either work with the satellite picture in the background or switch to the usual magicplan background grid by selecting the corresponding button on the left side of the screen.
Note: It is not possible to scan the outside of a building or its surroundings with the scan mode of magicplan. This feature is restricted to the interior of properties.
You can now insert different objects by tapping on 'Add object' as usual.
Some objects of the category 'Outdoors' like e.g. the terrain layout or building layout need to be mapped. If you start your floor plan with the land survey, magicplan cannot generate the building layout from the ground floor, so you may choose to just draw the building layout. This option works similar to the free form drawing. Just tap on the grid to set the corners of the building you want to map. For each corner, the angle is displayed in red - you can change it by adjusting the corner positions with drag and drop.
Mapping the terrain layout works almost the same way: tap on 'Add object', select 'Outdoors' and then 'Terrain layout'.
For iOS users, one detail is different: you can adjust the wall angle not only by adjusting the corner positions by drag and drop, but also by defining a specific one. While creating your terrain layout, the angles will show up one after another. Just tap on an angle and enter the value you need.
To define the position of the building in relation to the site boundaries, you can select either the site or the building layout and then click on "Set distance". Select the points for which you want to set a distance. Once you are finished, you can simply click on the dimension and modify it as you wish. Tap on done.
Inserting all other objects works exactly the same way as if you would furnish a room. You may check one of the following articles if you're looking for more information on how to insert or edit existing objects or how you can create your own objects.
Articles that could be also interesting for you: