The 3D Export in magicplan makes your floor plans more vivid and easy to share with everyone. The only thing you need is a mobile device that runs on iOS and has an AR-Kit installed. You can see all compatible devices here. After you made sure that your device is capable of exporting 3D models you just have to follow these simple steps to do so:
- Go to the floor plan you wish to export.
- You should be on the floor plan level now. Tap on "Export" at the top.
- The export section will appear. Tap on the settings icon next to the option "Get Your Floor Plan Images via Email".
- Here, you can customize your export. To get the 3D model go to file formats and make sure that the slider for USDZ is activated.
- When you are done adjusting the export and selecting the right file type, tap on "Get Your Floor Plan Images via Email". A file icon will appear on the right next to the settings icon. If your plan has multiple floors, there will also appear multiple file icons as each floor gets exported separately in 3D.
- By tapping on the file icon the exported 3D model will open. Use one finger to move and turn it, two fingers to zoom and three fingers to move the centre of the model.
After you have exported the 3D model on your mobile device you also have the possibility to download it from the magicplan cloud to your computer:
- Log in to the cloud with your magicplan account.
- Select the plan you previously downloaded on your mobile device.
- Tap on "Export" at the top.
- The "Files to Download" section will include an .obj-file of your floor plan. Click on it to download it.
Watch this video to see how it works:
Articles that could be also interesting for you: