Sometimes you need an object that is not included on magicplan. But don't worry, there is an easy way to create your custom object. Just follow the instructions below:
- Go to floor level or room level and tap "Insert Object" on the bottom left corner of your screen.
- On the bottom of the scroll-down menu you find the option "New Object".
- You will be asked if your new object should be based on an existing item. Select "no".
- A screen will pop up where you can edit your object. You can easily adjust all the attributes.
- To import your SVG file, tap on the grey field with the pen in the background.
You have two options:
- "Import from another app": If you have created a SVG image in another app, simply select it in that app and share it via magicplan. It then will be imported and you are good to go with your new object.
- "Paste SVG link": If you have a weblink that leads to an SVG file copy it before you open magicplan. By tapping "Paste SVG link", the picture from that link will be imported.
magicplan only supports SVGs made of vector graphic shapes such as paths and outlines consisting of straight lines and curves. The SVGs should not have a picture or photo on the background. There should be no "lt", "css" and "gt" included in the SVG code.
If you don't feel too comfortable with creating your own SVG objects, we recommend you to check out how you can simply draw your own objects. You can find detailed instructions here.
Articles that could be also interesting for you: