The only materials you need to complete your home evaluation are
- an iPad or any other mobile device with the magicplan app installed.
- a Bluetooth enabled Laser distometer or tape measure.
To create your floor plan just complete the following steps:
- Watch this instruction video.
- Create floor plans using the magicplan app and a laser (or tape measure).
- Create different shapes of rooms mirroring the actual rooms, such as a hallway, bedroom, bathroom and elevator (if applicable), that best resemble your home.
- Use the laser (or tape measure) to measure each wall length and upload those values into the magicplan.
- Add objects and doors to make rooms look like your own.
- Measure the dimension of these objects and doors, such as door widths and bed size, and then upload the measurements within each specific object.
- Export the created floor plans to your rehabilitation institute or clinicians via e-mail.
Instructions for Health Professionals:
- Open the floor plan in the magicplan app.
- Freeze the walls in the room you are evaluating. To freeze a wall, tap the room twice, then tap "Freeze Walls" at the bottom of your screen.
- Evaluate all measurements to confirm if the door and hallway widths are wide enough for an individual’s DME, such as a wheelchair, medical bed, or commode.
- Select "Add Object" in the bottom left corner.
- Select Durable Medical Equip.
- Add DME objects within the floor plan, such as wheelchairs and commodes.
- Adjust the size of DME objects based on actual dimensions by tapping objects twice and entering the values.
- Move DME objects around to determine if the DME fits in the spaces.
Articles that could be also interesting for you: