In magicplan 8 scanning and capturing a room becomes even easier. Mark corners, tap on windows and doors and magicplan does the magic and creates a floor plan for you.
The following steps show you how the new 3D scan mode works:
- To use the 3D scan make sure that the lighting is sufficient and you have disabled Sensor Capture in the settings.
- Capture the perimeter of a room by aiming at its corners. To mark a corner tap ADD CORNER. Mark corner after corner. Finish the capture by aiming at the first corner again or by tapping DONE.
- After capturing all corners of a room, set the ceiling height by aiming at the ceiling. Once you have found the correct height, tap DONE to finish.
- Add windows and doors by aiming at an opening. Then tap DETECT.
The app automatically captures the dimensions.
Note: If magicplan is not able to detect a window or door, you can manually set a frame and assign an object type.
- After a window or door was detected, manually choose the door or window type by scrolling through the carousel.
Articles that could be interesting for you: